General introduction to Penicillium:
Ans: 1. Penicillium is a non-flowering fungus.
2. It grows on rotten vegetables, fruits and jams.
3. Their limbs or mycelium are made up of a few subtle hyphae.
4. They usually complete asexual reproduction By an asexual molecule called conidia.
Medicinal properties and uses of Penicillium
1. Penicillium notatum, the most common antibiotic from Penicillium chrysogenum (penicillin is available). This Used in diseases like tonsillitis, bronchitis, pneumonia, diphtheria, meningitis, tetanus, carbuncles, boils, wounds etc.
2. Effective antifungal antibiotics are available from Penicillium grisiofalvam.
3. A few of the penicillium The species is used in the preparation of cheese and cheese.
4. Significant use of penicillium is present in Kohl’s industry.
5. Penicillium is used in research. For synthesis of various types of organic acids and Vitamin D. Penicillium is used.